- “Playing (with) the Trace: Localized Culture in Phoenix Wright.â€ Kinephanos. (forthcoming)
- “Games, Localization and Diaspora.” In Fun For All: Translation and Accessibility Practices in Video Games, edited by Carmen Mangiron, Pilar Orero, and Minako O’Hagan. Bern: Peter Lang: pp. 217-242.
- “Translation and/as Interface.” Loading vol. 6, no. 10: pp. 53-70.
- “Obama and Shepard Fairey: The Copy and Political Iconography in the Age of the Demake” (with Lisa Cartwright). Journal of Visual Culture 8, no. 2 (2009): 172-6.
Papers, Panels and Presentations
- â€œLimits of Localization: Feminist Localization and the Problem of Specificity.â€ Fun for All: III International Conference on Translation and Accessibility in Video Games and Virtual Worlds: Serious Business. Universitat AutÃ²noma de Barcelona, Spain. March 2014.
- â€œAuthorial Shadows: Shadows of the Damned and Translational Authorship.â€ 6th Digital Games Research Association Conference. DeFragging Game Studies. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, United States. August 2013.
- â€œLocalizing Culture in Gyakuten Saiban.â€ International Conference on Japan Game Studies 2013. Ritsumeikan University, Kinugasa Campus, Kyoto, Japan. March 2013.
- â€œTreating Culture as Genre: Implications Stemming from the Practice of Video Game Localization.â€ 10th Annual Cultural Studies Association Conference. Culture Matters. University of California, San Diego, United States. March 2012.
- â€œMoney Isnâ€™t Everything: On the Problems of Transcreating Games.â€ Fun for All: II International Conference on Translation and Accessibility in Video Games and Virtual Worlds: Searching for Best Practices. Universitat AutÃ²noma de Barcelona, Spain. March 2012.
- “Translation and/as Interface.” Paper presentation at the 5th Digital Games Research Association Conference. Think Design Play. Utrecht University, Utrecht, Netherlands. September, 2011.
- â€œGame Localization from Japan to the United States.â€ Talk at the Japanese Studiesâ€™ Naiman Workshop. San Diego, CA. May 23, 2011.
- “Other Histories: The Remake and the Sweded Film.” Paper Presentation at the 4th Annual ZdC Graduate Student Conference. Spectrums. University of Southern California, Los Angeles. February, 2010.
- “Translation (is) Not Localization: Language in Gaming.” Paper presentation at the 8th Digital Arts and Culture Conference. After Media: Embodiment and Context. University of California, Irvine, California. December, 2009.
- “Game Studies and Kingdom Hearts.” Talk at Utrecht University for the course Game Analysis and History. Utrecht, Netherlands. September 14, 2009.
- “Kingdom Hearts, Territoriality and Flow” (with William Huber). Paper presentation at the 4th Digital Games Research Association Conference. Breaking New Ground: Innovation in Games, Play, Practice and Theory. Brunel University, West London, United Kingdom. September, 2009.
- “The International Edition and National Exoticism.” Paper presentation at Meaningful Play. Michigan State University, East Lansing. October, 2008.
- “Remakes as Translation: Cultural Flow.” Master’s Thesis. Department of Media, Culture and Communication. New York University, 2008.
- “Translation as Appropriation: Subtitles/Dubs and Cultural Imperialism.” Paper presentation at Intersections 2007. Ryerson University, Toronto. March, 2007.